Strike the perfect balance between under and over-packing with our 6 tips for a successful weekend getaway!
- Wear the same “travel” outfit both ways. That means wearing the same outfit on the way to your destination and again on the way home. This is a great opportunity to also throw in a quick layer (your favorite scarf!), just in case.
- Clothing choices should be mainly neutral colors – think black, white, cream and gray. Add finishing touches and pops of color with fun accessories and make-up (a fun bold lip would be great here!).
- Two pairs of shoes. One that can go from day to night – think strappy gold sandals – and a comfortable pair that can withstand a day of walking – try ballet flats or loafers.
- Pack for “best case scenario” and buy your way out of any weather or event surprises. Unless you are traveling to somewhere super-secluded, there is always a drug store you can stop in if you forgot something.
- Travel size everything. Buying travel-sized toiletries saves time going through security and saves space. Pack those toiletries in a plastic baggie just in case anything leaks or spills on your carefully-selected clothing choices!
- Roll your clothing. Stack similar items on top of each other, then roll from the bottom up. Pack rolled items like a puzzle, fitting the items together to conserve space. The tried and true space saver!
Photography by Heather Kinkel.