As the weather gets a little warmer, the sips get sweeter. Try this refreshing champagne cocktail for the perfect balance of tart and sweet.
- 2 ounces gin
- 3/4 ounce simple syrup
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- 2 basil leaves
- 2 Maraschino Luxado cherries
- Rosé champagne
- Muddle basil leaves and cherries in a cocktail shaker.
- Pour lemon juice, simple syrup (one part sugar, one part water), and gin over muddled leaves and cherries.
- Add ice and shake 10 hard shakes.
- Double strain into a champagne glass. Top with rosé. Garnish with basil leaf and/or cherry.
Recipe by Christina Atkinson. Photography by Charity Maurer.