Looking for an all-natural exfoliating scrub? Try this homemade recipe using simple ingredients from your kitchen for a quick skin refresher! Exfoliating your skin helps remove dead skin cells to help keep your skin soft and glowing. It also unplugs your pores and speeds up your skin’s natural renewal process, while balancing your body’s oil production. In this recipe the sugar acts as the main exfoliating ingredient and the virgin coconut oil, which is a natural anti-fungal, helps promote hydration and maintain moisture. If you prefer a rougher texture you can swap the sugar for sea salt. We recommend using this exfoliating scrub in the shower and applying it all over your body.
- ½ cup almonds
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 Tbsp coconut flakes, unsweetened
- ½ cup coconut oil
- Grind the almonds in a food processor. If you don’t have a food processor, put the nuts in a sandwich bag or tea towel and lightly hit with a hammer to pulverize. You can also use pre-ground almond meal.
- In a bowl, combine all dry ingredients and vanilla.
- Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan at low heat continually stirring until it’s just melted. Let it cool to room temperature. The less heat used the better, so try to not over heat.
- Pour the melted coconut oil over the ingredients and mix to combine.
- Store in a sealed jar (you can store this scrub for up to 3 months).
Scrub and photography by Meow Meow Tweet.