Cut out the long prep time that a traditional pie takes, and whip up a batch of these mini cinnamon apple fall treats.
- one box pre-made pie crust dough ( you will use both rounds of dough)
- 4 large granny smith apples
- 1/4 cup sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- one egg, lightly beaten
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Peel, core and slice apples into 1/4 inch slices. Then chop into smaller pieces.
- Toss apple pieces with sugar, lemon juice, flour, and cinnamon.
- Flour your work surface, and roll out pie crust dough.
- Cut out an even number of circles ( we used a biscuit cutter) and press half of them into a cupcake pan.
- Place one spoonful of apple mixture in the center of each dough cup.
- Place another round on top and seal the edges with a fork.
- Brush the top of the dough with the lightly-beaten egg, and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 425 degrees, then reduce temperature to 350 degrees and bake 10-15 minutes more or until crust is golden brown.
- Cool on wire racks, and garnish with a confetti stick.
Photography by Tasha Brady.