Vegan Thanksgiving without a stuffed bird! Serve dishes to please every palate.
Autumn Harvest Slaw
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 medium red cabbage (about 2 1/2 pounds)- cored, quartered, and thinly sliced
- 1 large red onion, thinly diced
- 1 medium fennel bulb thinly diced
- 3 clementines, peeled seeded, and diced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds) toasted
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, oil, maple syrup, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to taste, and stir until the spices have assimilated.
- In a large bowl combine the chopped cabbage, fennel, and onion and toss.
- Peel and section the clementines, removing any seeds. Dice sections and gently fold into the cabbage.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment, add your pepitas and toast in oven for 6-8 minutes, or until lightly browned and making a faint popping noise.
- Remove from oven and fold the toasted pepitas and dressing in to your large bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate, tossing occasionally, for 2 hours. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Recipes by Ashlee Piper
Photography by Karie Denny