This easy, slow-cooked meatball sandwich lets you set and forget. Loaded with savory flavor and topped with our peach coleslaw, it makes for a delightfully unexpected entree.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red flakes
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 4-5 cups of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 8 buns or rolls
- Combine all meatball ingredients, except the BBQ sauce, into a large bowl. With your hands, mix all ingredients together well.
- Roll into 1 1/2″ balls, about 32-36 balls.
- In a large skillet over medium to high heat with 2 tablespoons olive oil, brown the outside of the meatballs for 3-4 minutes.
- Place the meatballs in a crock pot, and pour in the BBQ sauce. Add more BBQ sauce if all meatballs aren’t covered. Cook on low for 3 hours, until meatballs are cooked through.
To assemble: Carefully spoon 4 hot meatballs onto each bun or roll, and top with a scoop of peach slaw. Plate and serve.
Recipe by Brendan McCaskey. Photography by Sara Nevels.