This tasty side dish takes only 5 minutes to cook up. Tomato slices are topped with blue cheese crumbles and scattered with thyme to give them a perfectly robust flavor. Try them paired with our BBQ meatball sandwich!
- 4-5 large tomatoes, cut into thick slices
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 10 fresh thyme sprigs
- splash red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium sized roasting pan layer tomato slices.
- Drizzle tomatoes with a splash of red wine vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle blue cheese and scatter fresh thyme sprigs over the top.
- Broil under a 500° F oven until the blue cheese is browned and bubbling, about 4-5 minutes. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly, and serve.
Recipe by Brendan McCaskey. Photography by Sara Nevels.