Gooey caramel and crisp apples combine to make these delectable treats. Save this recipe for a rainy day and let the kids join you in the kitchen!
- 6-8 wooden sticks
- 6-8 green apples, chilled
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Insert sticks into tops of chilled apples.
- Set out a baking sheet and cover with parchment paper.
- Bring sugar and water to boil, stirring until sugar completely dissolves,
- Turn heat down slightly and allow to simmer until caramel appears golden, about 8-9 minutes,
- Combine half-and-half, vanilla extract and salt, then pour into caramel and stir,
- Dip apples in caramel, then set on parchment paper. Sprinkle with chopped pecans and allow to cool.
Photo by Charity Maurer