Emma hosts an urban garden party complete with DIY cement planters.
- portland cement
- peat moss
- 2 cardboard containers (large and small milk cartons work perfect)
- Mix equal parts perlite portland cement and peat moss.
- Mix with water until consistency resembles cottage cheese.
- Spray cardboard container with cooking spray.
- Fill bottom of container with an inch layer of mixture.
- Place a slightly smaller cardboard container in the center and fill around it with remaining mixture.
- Cover with plastic and let sit for 24 hours. Remove inner container and let sit, covered, for 12 more hours before removing outer container.
- Sand edges as needed and drill drainage hole with masonry bit if desired.
Photography by Marisa Schibilla.