The bright flavors of citrus and herbs round out these super savory garlic roasted green beans. Serve alongside your roasted turkey dinner!
- 1.5 pounds haricots verts (French green beans)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 5 whole garlic cloves, smashed
- Kosher salt and cracked pepper
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1/8 cup red onion, diced
- 1/8 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- Cotija cheese for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Trim the ends of the haricots verts and toss with olive oil, garlic cloves, salt and pepper. Spread out evenly on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Roast, stirring once halfway through, until lightly caramelized, crisp and tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately toss with onion, lime zest and juice.
- Toss with cilantro and cheese (if using) just before serving.
Photos by Stancy Higley of Half Orange Photography.