Whip up this frosted cinnamon dish as a sweet breakfast treat or mouth-watering dessert.
- 3 cups warm water
- 2 T yeast
- 2 T sugar
- 3 tsp salt
- 4-6 cups flour
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 8 oz whipped cream cheese
- In a large mixing bowl (I use my kitchen aid) dissolve yeast into water. Let sit for a few minutes to grow.
- Add salt, sugar and start mixer. Slowly mix in the 4 cups of flour. Once smooth add 1-2 more cups.
- Knead until smooth and elastic. Cover and let rise about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile make filling. Mix butter, brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and set aside.
- Lightly flour clean surface and turn dough on to it. Divide into two equal dough balls. Take one dough ball and pat it down to a long flat strip about 4 inches tall by about 2 feet.
- Spread about 1/3 of the cinnamon mixture onto the dough, followed by dollops of cream cheese. Fold in half covering all the filling so you have one long strip of dough.
- Twist the dough and place in a spiral on a cookie sheet lined with either parchment paper or wax paper. Leave a little space in the spiral for the dough to rise. Repeat with the second dough ball.
- Cover and let rise another 15 minutes.
- Take the remaining brown sugar and cream cheese and place dollops of each over the dough and in the creases. Bake at 400 degrees F for about 20 mins or until golden brown.
- If desired, brush with butter when it is removed from the oven. Allow to cool, slice and serve.