This zesty gluten-free dish combines rosemary-seasoned pasta with tangy chicken.
- 9 oz gluten free spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini (2 small zucchini)
- 1 /12 cups shredded carrots (3-4 medium carrots)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup pink grapefruit juice (about 1/2 grapefruit)
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/2 cup orange juice (about 1 orange)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 1 teaspoon minced rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, fine ground
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about .50 lbs each)
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, separated
- 1 teaspoon salt, separated
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, coarse grind, separated
- 1/4-1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place chicken breasts top side down in a smaller baking dish (8×8 or 9 inch round baking pan). Drizzle 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil on each chicken breast. Then, season each side with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper. Flip over and repeat. Pour the white win along the side of the baking dish until the bottom half of the chicken breasts are submerged. Then, add the lemon juice to the wine. Place the 2 crushed garlic cloves in the liquid. Bake for 33 minutes. Remove chicken from the oven. Immediately, cover chicken first with parchment paper and then aluminum foil. Let the chicken rest (in the “tent”) for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, bring a big pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add a big pinch of salt and a splash of olive oil to the boiling water. Add the gluten free pasta and give it a big stir. Cook according to package instructions.
- In a large sauté pan, heat 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil over medium high heat. Add zucchini, carrots, and minced garlic. cook for 2-3 minutes until just softened, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1 cup white wine and turn down the heat to medium. Cook for 5 minutes. Then, turn the heat down to low and add the grapefruit juice, orange zest, orange juice, lemon zest, lemon juice, and rosemary. Stir together to combine and cook for 1-2 minutes. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and parsley. Then add warm pasta and mix well (pasta will absorb the most flavor when it is warm). Serve sliced chicken on top. Enjoy!
Makes 5-6 servings.
Photo by Angela Sackett
Recipe by Lauren Marie