These savory meatballs are both gluten and dairy-free, but still manage big flavor and texture. Created by Nicole Lee, food blogger at HeyDear.Co, this recipe is a great option for any foodie with dietary restrictions. Lee says it is important to use fresh high quality grass-fed beef for the best results.
- 1 pound good quality grass-fed ground beef
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 whole fresh eggs
- 1 bunch of chopped basil
- 1 bunch of fresh chopped oregano
- 1 pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 pinch of dried parsley
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- In a bowl place the meat, all the herbs and the bread crumbs. Set the bowl aside.
- In a separate bowl crack your eggs. Then add the eggs into the meat mixture. It is key to do this separately to avoid getting any shells in the mix.
- Squeeze the eggs, meat and other ingredients together until completely combined. If it looks runny, slowly add a tablespoon more of bread crumbs.
- Hand roll to your liking small or large meatballs. Place the meatballs about an inch apart on the lined baking sheets.
- Set a timer and place the meatballs in the oven for 12 minutes. Then reduce the heat to 350 and turn the pan.
- Cook for about 5 to 6 minutes until slightly browned on top. Once finished place a tea towel on top and let them cool.
Photography by Nicole Lee.