Warm, cheesy goodness with hints of malted grain and just enough spice. Best of all, you can have a few sips of the good stuff while you’re cooking. This recipe comes straight from our beer tasting party, so hop on over for tips on throwing your own brew bash!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup favorite dark beer
- 1 1/2 cups (6oz) white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups (6oz) cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large saucepan melt butter over medium heat.
- Whisk in flour to thicken, taking care not to burn, and then gradually whisk in milk until mixture is semi-thick and smooth. Continue whisking while adding beer.
- Next, gradually whisk in cheeses allowing each additional cheese to melt before adding the next.
- Once cheese is melted, whisk in mustard, Worcestershire and cayenne. Add salt and pepper to taste to bring out flavors.