For the chocolate-obsessed there has never been a better combo, not to mention it’s also very easy on the eyes.
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg yolk, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sifted flour
- a pinch of salt
- 10 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1/8 cup honey
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Using a standing electric mixer, beat the butter on medium heat until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Add powdered sugar and beat for another 2 minutes. Pour in vanilla and egg yolk, and mix. With the mixer on low speed, pour the flour and pinch of salt into butter. Mix until flour is fully incorporated. Press the dough firmly into an 11-inch tart pan. Make sure to bring the dough up the sides of the tart pan to create a well for your filling. Place in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Take a fork and poke the base of the crust multiple times. Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until the crust is slightly puffed and golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- Place chocolate in a medium bowl. Combine the sugar and heavy cream in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Pour cream over chocolate and whisk until smooth. Whisk in honey. Pour filling into crust and chill for at least 2 hours to set.
- Sprinkle the edge with pomegranate seeds. Slice into wedges, and serve with a dollop of fresh whip cream.
Recipe by Brendan McCaskey. Photography by Rachel Solomon.