The 6 things every guest room should have according to interior designer Emily Yeates.
- Refreshments: Healthy snacks and sparkling water are refreshing treats after a long drive or plane flight.
- Pillows: Plenty of pillows and blankets make guests feel like they are getting the royal treatment. It’s also handy to have extra on hand for pull out beds or air mattresses.
- Work space: Clear a desk for guests to check email or get work done while away.
- City guide: Make a list of your favorite places or pick up a local magazine’s “Best Of” issue to keep on hand for visitors.
- Charging station: Ensure your guests are always plugged in and ready to go with an available cell phone and portable electronic charging station.
- Last but not least: Keep a tidy bathroom, stocked with extra towels and toiletries.
Photography by Erica Velasco.