This sweet and simple egg dish is a classic springtime hors d’oeuvre.
- 6 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled (we love our no-boil method found here)
- 2 tablespoons mayonaise
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 small dill pickle spears, minced (or 1 tablespoon pickle relish)
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon each coarse salt and pepper
- parsley and a pinch of paprika for garnishing
- Cut each egg in half and scoop out yolk, placing yolks in a small mixing bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise, mustard, pickle, minced parsley, salt and pepper to the yolks. Stir well.
- Place empty, hollowed-out egg white on a serving dish (we used an empty egg carton), then fill with a tablespoon of the yolk mixture.
- Garnish with parsley and a sprinkling of paprika.
Recipe and photography by Heather Kinkel