This DIY banner is a sweet piece to add a gallery wall, a child’s nursery, or to give as a personalized gift! Follow the steps below to create your own.
- Iron-on letters from ilovetocreate.com
- A wooden dowel
- Sewing Machine
- Cut your fabric to shape (we eyeballed it), then sew a hem around the edges, saving the top hem for the end. Make the top hem extra wide to allow enough room for the dowel to fit inside.
- Slip dowel through the top hem.
- Place letters exactly where you want them. Careful not to move any letters, lay a scrap piece of fabric over them, and iron according to iron-on package instructions.
- Peel letter backings away.
- Tie a piece of yarn around either end of the dowel and hang!
Photography by Rachel Soloman