This fabric garland is perfect strung up for a party, in a nursery, or hanging in an office! Keep it simple with a solid color or try mixing patterns and textures for a more bold statement. Best of all? It’s super easy and totally cost-effective to make!
- fabric, desired length*
- Cut the twine to your desired garland length leaving extra room on both ends for hanging.
- Position your fabric in front of you, horizontally. With your scissors, cut a few inches into it. Repeat this all down the fabric leaving even space in between to create what looks like fringe.
- Beginning at one end, pull at each cut tearing the fabric into strips.
- One by one, center the twine in the middle of the fabric strip and tie in a single knot. Pull down on the two ends so that they hang together. Repeat sliding each new strip next to the previous one.
- Hang and admire.
* Note: Keep in mind that the length of the fabric strips once hanging will be half the size of the original width of the fabric sheet.
Tutorial by Mindy Alyse Events. Photography by Cristi Owen.