Make these DIY party poppers with craft supplies you probably have lying around the house. Stuff them with confetti, crinkle paper, glitter, handwritten notes and small gifts. Bring these DIY party favors to your celebration this New Year’s Eve. Alright, let’s get this party popping!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Toilet paper tubes
- Tissue paper
- Glitter, crinkle paper or confetti
- Note: You can add cracker snaps to step 4 if you desire that “pop” sound!
Here’s how to do it:
- Cut a toilet paper tube in half.
- Vertically cut a sheet of tissue paper in half. Then in half again, this time horizontally.
- Place the halved toilet paper tubes onto the cut sheet of tissue paper.
- Roll up the toilet paper tube in the tissue paper. Try to keep the tube halves as close together as possible when rolling for best results.
- Seal the roll with tape. Pro-tip: We folded the tape to mimic double-sided tape and placed a piece underneath the top layer of the tissue paper right near the outer ends of the tubes. This way, the tape is hidden and the popper is sealed tightly.
- Tie up one end of the popper with ribbon. Leave the other end open.
- Stuff the other end with you glitter, crinkle paper or confetti. You can even add a small gift, note or sweet treat at this step.
- Once the popper is stuffed with the goods, tie up the end with ribbon.
- To get to the goods, simply grab both ends of the popper and pull. Voilà!
This DIY is in the Holiday section of the Emma mag Winter 2016 issue. Check it out below for more!