Cute shelves don’t have to cost a fortune— this rope shelf is affordable and not too complicated. Feel free to get extra creative and paint the wood a fun color.
- 5/8 inch drill bit
- Sisal rope
- 2 wooden boards
- Wall hook
- Stack the two pieces of wood and use the clamps to hold them together.
- Use your drill to make a hole big enough for the rope in each corner.
- Cut the rope to the desired length. Be sure to leave enough for the knots!
- Tie the rope into knots to keep the shelves from falling. Connect the rope and tie into a knot at the top.
- Attach the hook to the wall, then hang your shelf and decorate!
Photos by Rachel Solomon