Follow these simple steps to make a homemade snow globe. Blogger Megan Bailey, from Sweet Little Peanut shows us how.
- Clean, dry jars with lids
- Plastic or ceramic figurines or trees
- Tulip Fashion Glitter® from ilovetocreate.com
- Distilled water
- Glycerin (available at most pharmacies)
- Aleene’s 2-Part Liquid Epoxy Adhesive® from ilovetocreate.com
- Clean jars and let them dry
- Spray paint lids a holiday color or leave their natural metal finish
- Adhere figurines to the jar with epoxy glue. Follow application and drying directions for glue.
- Let epoxy set completely
- Fill jar almost full with distilled water. Don’t fill it too much, or the water will become thick and chunky. If you’re using a standard size jar, one small drop will be plenty. Glycerin helps suspend the glitter in the water for the “snow” effect.
- Add glitter to jar. Use however much you want depending on how snowy you want your world to be.
- Insert lid with figurine and tighten down.
- Give a good shake and watch the globe fill with snow!
Photography by Sweet Little Peanut