Try this darling and cost-effective DIY for bundling up loose leaf tea. Perfect for the everyday tea-drinker, giving as a gift, or throwing a tea party!
- coffee filters
- embroidery floss
- circular tin
- loose leaf tea
- Use the circular tin to trace circles on the coffee filters.
- Stack 2-4 filters to save time, and cut out circles.
- Take two circles and whip-stitch edge leaving a 1.5 inch opening (leave string and needle in tact).
- Fill with loose leaf tea. See brewing instructions for amount- usually 1 to 1.5 teaspoons per cup.
- Stitch shut and knot it, leaving excess string for steeping.