This appetizer is so simple to make and so full of flavor! It’s a win-win!
- 1 (15 ounce) can of chickpeas (also called garbanzo beans)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- coarse salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Drain and rinse chickpeas well, then pat dry with paper towels.
- In a medium-sized skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chickpeas and cook until they begin to sizzle, stirring often. Add seasonings and cook, stirring frequently, for another 10 minutes or until chickpeas are golden brown.
- Spoon onto a plate with paper towels for blotting, then serve.
Photography by Michelle Herrick.