Stone fruits, like peaches, plums, and nectarines, caramelize on the grill making this an extra sweet summer salad.
- 1 large bag arugula
- 2 peaches
- 2 plums
- 2 nectarines
- 1 medium red onion
- 6 ounces feta cheese block
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat grill to medium-high, lighting burners on only half the grill.
- Place feta in a small dish and cover with 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil and pepper. Allow to marinate for one hour.
- Slice all fruit and red onion in half and remove stones. Oil lightly on all sides, place fruit cut side down on grill over indirect heat and close lid. Grill for about 3 minutes on each side or until fruit has grill marks, has begun to caramelize and the onion has started to soften.
- Allow fruit and onion to cool, then slice each fruit half into thirds and the onion as thinly as desired.
- Arrange arugula on a platter, place fruit and onions on top, and sprinkle with feta. Slowly toss in the dressing until lightly coated.
- Dressing: combine remaining lemon juice and all herbs, then slowly whisk in the remaining olive oil.