This bench marries form and function, adding a designer touch to an open entryway. The faux sheepskin top gives the look of luxury and craftsmanship. You can tackle this DIY project on a budget in under an hour. Style yours at the foot of the bed or under a painting. (We love this canvas piece by artist, Britt Bass!)
- 1 piece common board or plywood, cut to desired dimensions (shown 48″ x 12″)
- 4 18″ (or desired height) hairpin legs (www.hairpinlegs.com)
- faux sheepskin fur rug ( We used 2 small ones from Ikea, sewn together to make one continuous piece and it turned out great!)
- foam, cut to board dimensions
- 12 nuts and bolts each, (used: 1/4 inch x 20 x 1 1/2 inch)
- electric drill
- staple gun
- Place legs near board corners evenly and mark holes where screws will go.
- Set legs aside and drill through each marked spot.
- Attach legs, screwing bolt in from the top of the bench to the bottom (this will leave the nuts accessible in case you ever need to tighten a leg).
- Layer foam and fur atop the board.
- Flip over and staple fur around the foam to the board, beginning in the center. Continue around the bench, making sure to pull tightly as you work your way around. Once fur is completely attached, trim excess with scissors. Turn bench right side up and admire!
Photography by Rachel Solomon.