Whether for a baby shower, Valentine’s day, or a girl’s nursery, this DIY heart garland is as simple as it is darling.
- sewing machine
- needle and thread
- embroidery thread
- Begin by cutting out the hearts. For each heart you’ll need a front and a back that are each approximately three inches across at their widest point.
- With right sides facing, sew a zig zag stitch around the edge of the heart, leaving about an inch unsewn.
- Flip the heart right-side-out through the hole.
- Stuff with batting until you are satisfied with the fullness.
- Using a needle and thread, carefully sew the remaining unsewn portion. Fold the fabric inward on itself so the edges are hidden and do your best to make tiny, careful stitches.
- Thread your needle with the embroidery thread and string on your hearts. Insert tour needle into the upper portion of your heart being careful that the needle goes directly through the heart and out the other side. Voila!
Tutorial by Chelsea Costa of Lovely Indeed.