Jarred salsa is one of those things that’s usually bought out of convenience and there’s nothing wrong with that. But when you actually make it from scratch using fresh ingredients, you’ll taste the difference and may never add that jar to your cart again. It’s such a simple recipe and there is so much room to get creative with the flavor!
- 5 to 6 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ jalapeno, diced
- juice of two limes
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl, stir to combine.
- Refrigerate for a day for best flavor – fresh salsa will keep, refrigerated, for up to 5 days.
Photography by Heather Kinkel.