Tart and sweet all at once, red grapefruit is the perfect star for this refreshing cocktail. The honey and rosemary flavors combine to give it an unexpected twist!
- 1 sprig rosemary, leaves removed and coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1 small wedge red grapefruit
- 2 tablespoons honey simple syrup
- 2 ounces vodka
- 3 ounces red grapefruit juice
- crushed ice
- rosemary and grapefruit wedge for garnishing
- Prepare honey simple syrup: combine 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup honey in a small saucepan, boil until honey is dissolved, approximately 3 minutes. Allow to cool a bit before using.
- On a small plate, mix chopped rosemary and 1 teaspoon sugar.
- Rub wedge of grapefruit around the rim of the glass, then dip in rosemary/sugar mixture.
- Place grapefruit wedge in glass along with 1 teaspoon sugar and the honey simple syrup, and muddle until sugar is dissolved.
- Add vodka and grapefruit, then top with crushed ice.
- Stir, then garnish as desired!
Recipe and photography by Heather Kinkel