Try this simple recipe for kale and squash soup that’s loaded with flavor.
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 white onion, diced
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups butternut squash, diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 4 large kale leaves, ribs removed and roughly chopped
- 1 cup rice, cooked
- Heat the oil in a large pot, add the onions and cook until translucent. Add the vegetable stock and chicken broth and simmer on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Add the butternut squash and continue to simmer for 10 minutes or until the squash is slightly tender.
- Add the kale and cook for 3-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over rice
Makes 4 servings