5 steps to throwing a Thanksgiving table together in a pinch! Your table the talk of Thanksgiving, after the food of course!
- Colors: We stuck to a simple fall color palette for this table. Gold, coral, mustard and a dash of green will make your table stand out.
- Flowers: An autumnal bouquet of flowers can tie together the fall colors in the place settings. Just follow Gina of Fiori Floral’s advice and keep centerpieces below eye level (under 12 inches is a safe bet) for easy conversation!
- Table Runner: Instead of a traditional tablecloth, try using a kraft paper runner to make clean-up a breeze. Both kids and adults will love doodling while waiting for supper.
- Place Settings: Instead of making name cards, use a sharpie to write the names of your guests on the kraft paper by their place setting. Dried billy ball flowers make a sweet gift for your guests to take home and add a splash of color to the place setting. For an extra special touch, spray paint gourds and pumpkins gold and place them by each plate.
- Activity: While the food is finishing up, invite your guests to write something they are thankful for about each guest by their names. Don’t forget about the kids, give them some crayons and let them go to town!
Get the look:
plates – Target
mustard dutch oven – Sur La Table
burnt orange napkins – World Market
recycled wine bottle glasses – Refresh Glass
woven placemats – World Market
Photos by Sara Nevels, Talk Studios Photography