Lavender simple syrup made from dried blossoms blend together with honey and lemon creating a smooth and aromatic flavor. Add in the gin, freeze and you’ve got yourself one solid adult popsicle that’s pretty much the bees knees.
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender blossoms
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 1/2 cup gin
- 1/2 cup lemon juice, plus one lemon for slicing.
- Place Gin in a heavy bottomed saucepan. Turn the heat to high. As soon as the alcohol begins to bubble, set your timer for 2 minutes. After 2 minutes, remove pan from stove immediately, carefully pour your prepared gin into a heatproof container, and transfer bowl to your fridge to cool.
- To make lavender simple syrup, Mix hot water and dried lavender blossoms in bowl. Let steep 5 minutes. Whisk in honey, until it dissolves.
- Combine 3/4 cup lavender simple syrup, 1 cup gin, and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake well. Insert a sliver of fresh lemon into the popsicle molds. Divide cocktail evenly amongst popsicle molds. Makes 4 popsicles.
Recipe and photography by Briana Moore.