A twist on the French classic, these come doubled up and filled with lemon curd and raspberry mascarpone.
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup flour
- 10 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled slightly
- Madeleine baking sheet (available on amazon or at most specialty cooking stores)
- lemon curd
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease pan with a generous amount of butter and flour.
- With an electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar in a large bowl. Beat in vanilla, lemon peel, and salt. Add flour and beat until just blended. Gradually, add melted butter until blended.
- Spoon one tablespoon of batter into each indentation of the pan. Bake until puffed and slightly brown, about 12-16 minutes. Allow to cool before removing from pan.
- For filling: mix equal parts lemon curd and mascarpone in a bowl. Add desired amount of raspberries and mash with a fork. Stir until filling is blended and pink.
- Apply filling to the flat side of one cookie and top with the flat side of another.
Recipe by Shelly Sazdanoff. Photography by Heather Kinkel.