There’s nothing like handmade marquee letters to dazzle guests at your next soiree. Learn how to make these surprisingly easy lights and make a bright statement.
- Razor cutting tool or Exacto knife
- Hot glue gun
- Poster board
- Card stock
- Foam core board
- Indoor/outdoor strand of lights with round bulbs
- Optional: spray paint
- Print out letters on card stock. Trace onto foam core board and cut out using a razor cutting tool or Exacto knife.
- Measure and cut out four-inch strips of poster board.
- Hot glue the poster strips to the letter perimeter, centering the letter on the poster strip. This will help your letter to stand. Optional: Spray paint your letters if desired.
- Using scissors, make “X” marks where you want the bulbs to go evenly spaced around the letter. With the bulb unscrewed, poke it through an “X” mark. Screw into the socket on the other side and repeat with remaining bulbs. Tuck any excess sockets or cords into the back side of the letter and save extra bulbs somewhere safe!