Fill these tarts with seasonal berries for a quick go-to dessert.
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- mixed berries
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of oil
- a sachet of baking powder
- lemon peel
- Sift the flour into a large bowl, add the eggs and the sugar, then mix everything.
- Stir in the cup of oil and the baking powder, add the zest of one lemon peel and knead the dough until it reaches a proper consistency.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Working on a clean surface, roll the pastry dough into a circle, cut it and flatten into small disks to fit small tart molds.
- Pop crusts in oven for 3-5 minutes. Remove and add berries. Put back in oven until mini tarts are golden, about 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
Photography by Serena Cevenini.