Change your pumpkin pie recipe this year with all fresh ingredients! Mix in autumn spices like nutmeg and cinnamon and get your kitchen (and your pie!) smelling delicious.
- 1 sugar pumpkin
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground clove
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 large or 2 medium graham cracker pie crusts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut pumpkin in half without stem. Scoop out seeds. Place cut side down on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Bake 60-90 minutes or until tender. Allow to cool.
- Remove pumpkin skin and place flesh in a stand mixing bowl. Whisk until smooth.
- Add sweetened condensed milk, eggs, hot water and spices.
- Pour into pie crust and bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour.
Photo by Charity Maurer