Give your old, flat doors the look of added dimension with faux panels. Painting interior doors is a great alternative to costly new doors. One of Emma’s editors transformed her dark wood doors with a coat of white paint, then taped off three panels and painted a contrasting shade of gray. The simple hack gives the feel of a craftsman door for a fraction of the cost!
- painters tape
- leveler (we used an app!)
- small paint brush or sponge
- measuring tape
- Start by measuring out where your door “panels” will go.
- Using some kind of a leveler, tape off the top of your panel. Then measure around to create the outside lines.
- Next, tape the inside lines, making sure to press the tape down well to avoid the paint leaking through.
- Paint the inside and allow to dry completely.
- Once dry, remove tape and repeat steps for remaining panels.
Photography by Heather Kinkel