Summer cocktail hour just got a whole lot cooler. This boozy popsicle is packed full of peach flavor and creamy bourbon goodness.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 ripe peaches
- 1/8 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup peach simple syrup, cooled (see recipe below)
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- To make peach simple syrup: In a medium saucepan, stir together water, sugar and 2 sliced peaches. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and let mixture simmer until sugar is completely dissolves. Remove from heat, cover and let steep for 25 minutes. Strain peaches from syrup mixture and let cool completely before using. Store in the refrigerator.
- Peel & mash remaining peach, then combine crushed peach bits with bourbon in a bowl. Let sit while simple syrup steeps.
- Combine the yogurt and the peach bourbon. Add simple syrup gradually, until you reach preferred sweetness.
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds, and freeze! If using wooden popsicle sticks, freeze for at least an hour, allowing the mixture to solidify enough to hold stick up straight.
Recipe and photography by Briana Moore.