With little prep time, this slaw is ready to serve in under an hour. Experiment by substituting cabbage with veggie of your choice.
- red onions
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup white distilled vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- Slice cabbage and red onions into ¼ inch slices and set aside.
- Warm sugar in 1 cup water until dissolved. Let cool.
- Add cooled simple syrup to vinegar.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Add your favorite hot sauce. We love Sriracha!
- Pour marinade over cabbage and onions, cover and let marinade in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.