Add a twist to your traditional Thanksgiving stuffing by using doughy and flavorful pretzel bread to your dish! Flavored with aromatic rosemary and sweet tangy red wine vinegar, your guests will stuff away this stuffing. See what I did there?!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium sized white onion, chopped
- 6 stalks of celery, chopped
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 6 pretzel rolls, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock (can substitute with vegetable stock)
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan.
- Cook onions for 5 minutes.
- Add celery and carrots and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, thyme, and rosemary and cook until mushrooms are tender, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add red wine vinegar to pan.
- Transfer vegetable mixture into a large bowl, add pretzels, chicken stock, parsley, worcestershire and egg, and mix everything together. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour stuffing into a buttered casserole dish. Bake in a preheated oven of 375F degrees for 45 minutes to an hour until the stuffing crisp and golden brown.
Recipe by Brendan McCaskey
Photo by Ace and Whim.