Sweet golden raisins and honey make this health food extra sweet. Top your morning yogurt with a handful of this fall pumpkin treat!
- 2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- Preheat oven 325 degrees. In a bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, raisins and almonds. Toss to mix.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt the butter then add honey and stir to blend.
- Pour over oat mixture and stir.
- Spread mixture out on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake until golden and crunchy, between 15-30 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature.
Makes 3 cups.
Photo by Charity Maurer