Try your hand at these mini raspberry pound cakes with citrus champagne glaze. With the perfect balance of sweet and tart, they make a great gift for someone you love, that is, if you don’t devour them yourself first.
- 3 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 8oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups sifted flour, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 3 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/4 cup champagne
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using a standing electric mixer, beat butter, cream cheese, & sour cream. Beat in sugar until light and fluffy, 5 minutes. Add eggs one by one mixing well after each. Add vanilla and mix. On low speed, slowly add 2 1/2 cups of flour and the salt. Mix until just combined. Toss raspberries in remaining 1/2 cup of flour and gently fold into batter.
- Coat two standard loaf pans, or 8 mini loaf pans with cooking spray. Divide batter into pans evenly. Tap pans on surface to prevent large air bubbles. Bake until golden and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. (40-50 minutes for mini loaves, 60-70 minutes for standard loaves – place foil gently on top of cake if it starts to brown too fast).
- Cool for 10 minutes, and then turn out of pan onto a wire rack to cool completely. Once cool, whisk all glaze ingredients in a medium bowl. Slowly drizzle glaze over the top of the cake(s). Allow glaze to set. Slice and serve.
Recipe by Brendan McCaskey. Photography by Rachel Solomon.