Brussels sprouts topped with crispy bacon and spicy mustard vinaigrette make a mouth-watering and healthy side.
- 1 1/2 lbs of brussels sprouts, cut in half
- bacon, sliced into strips and cooked
- 1 shallot minced
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Toss brussels sprouts in 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Place on a cookie sheet and roast in a preheated 450F degree oven for 15-20 minutes, until golden and crispy on the edges.
- While brussels sprouts are roasting, make the mustard vinaigrette. Heat olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Add shallots and cook for about 1 minute until tender. Add vinegar and cook for about 30 seconds to reduce slightly. Remove pan from heat and whisk in mustards and cream. Add parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle warm vinaigrette over the roasted brussels sprouts and serve.
Recipe by Brendan McCaskey
Photography by Karie Denny