Take this classic wine cocktail up a notch. Balance the sweet, brandy-soaked fruit medley that sangria is known for with a dash of spice. Is it cocktail hour yet?
- 1 bottle of red wine (Cabernet, Pinot Noir, Zinfandel)
- 7 ounces orange juice
- 7 ounces simple syrup
- 7 ounces brandy
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 apple, cubed
- 10 strawberries, sliced
- handful of blackberries and blueberries, sliced
- coffee filter or cheesecloth
- 2 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 10 peppercorns
- 1 star anise
- 2 whole vanilla beans
- Cut fruit and add brandy. Let soak for 30 minutes.
- Add all spices to filter and close.
- In a separate container, mix liquids and submerge spice bag.
- Add wine mixture to fruit and let sit for 2 hours. Enjoy over ice.