A chop salad makes such a visual statement, and this basil vinaigrette packs big flavor. An easy go-to for feeding a crowd!
for the salad:
- 1 large bowl mixed greens
- 1/4 cup roasted and salted sunflower seeds
- 2 hardboiled eggs, sliced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup cooked cous cous
for the dressing:
- handful of basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place greens in large salad bowl.
- Line the remaining ingredients up in rows. If using frozen corn, allow a half hour to come to room temperature.
- To prepare dressing, combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- To serve, toss everything together with dressing.
Photo by Sara Nevels, Talk Studios.