Tart and sweet, this panzanella salad is nothing short of perfection. The grilled Meyer lemon brings an unexpected twist to the vinaigrette.
- 1 large grapefruit
- 1 pint blackberries
- 1 small head of radicchio
- 1 pint strawberries
- 1 pint heirloom cherry tomatoes
- 1 ear of corn
- 1 pound of asparagus
- 6 slices good sourdough bread
- 2 cups sugar snap peas
- 2 cups shishito peppers
- 2 Meyer lemons
- 1 cup good olive oil
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large ball of burrata mozzarella (substitute ovolini mozzarella if you cannot find burrata)
- Turn grill on medium-high heat, then wash all produce.
- Segment grapefruit slices, slice strawberries and tomatoes. Halve radicchio and then thinly slice it. Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Toss asparagus, corn, sugar snap peas and shishito peppers with 4 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper. Put asparagus and corn directly on grill; put sugar snap peas and peppers in a grill basket and place on grill.
- Watch asparagus closely – they should be ready in about 4 minutes. You want them to retain some crispness. Remove from grill and allow to cool.
- Cook corn, turning every 3 minutes or until slightly charred on each side. Remove from grill and allow to cool.
- Shake the peas and peppers in their grill basket until charred on all sides. Remove from grill and allow to cool.
- Toss bread slices with 3 tbsp. olive oil, salt and pepper. Add to grill. Char on both sides, remove and allow to cool.
- Cut Meyer lemons in half, oil cut side lightly and add cut side down to the grill for about two minutes. Remove from grill and allow to cool.
- Toss all ingredients except lemon in the large bowl, then add remaining olive oil and grilled Meyer lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to serving dish. Top with burrata and freshly torn basil leaves.