Homemade blackberry lemonade topped with your favorite summer brew makes a sublime drink during the warmer months. The honeyed blackberries add a sweet twist to a classic shandy in what should be named summer’s official cocktail.
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (6 Lemons)
- 8 cups of water, divided
- 1 cup blackberries, cut in half
- 6 pack of your favorite summer brew, chilled
- In a small pot, on low to medium heat, bring honey, sugar, and 2 cups water to a simmer. Remove from heat and add lemon juice. Let sit for 10 minutes to cool slightly.
- Place blackberries in the bottom of a large pitcher. Pour the honey/lemon mixture and remaining 6 cups water into the pitcher. Chill in the fridge for an hour.
- Fill a chilled glass with ice, and fill 1/2 full with lemonade. Top off with beer and garnish with a lemon slice.
Recipe by Brendan McCaskey. Photography by Sara Nevels.