Hosting Turkey Day at your place? Follow this handy planning guide for stress-free entertaining.
3 Weeks Away
- Make a guest list and send out your invitations
7 Days Away
- Review your recipes and create shopping list. Pick up non-perishable items.
- Order your turkey or pick up and freeze
6 Days Away
- Press any fine linens for your table
- Make sure you have enough seating and dinnerware for your guests. If expecting children, arrange for any highchairs or special furniture.
- Confirm guest list.
5 Days Away
- Download our free place card printables and prepare decor.
4 Days Away
- Clean out your fridge. Begin to defrost the turkey
3 Days Away
- Buy an perishable food
- Make pie crust. Homemade crust can be rolled, laid on its plate, and frozen until needed.
2 Days Away
- Make cranberry sauce. Letting it sit for a few days allows flavors to mature.
- Prep for out-of-town guests. Launder sheets and towels, make beds, and arrange pick-ups.
- Organize serving platters, glasses, plates, and serving dishes.
- If you’re making homemade stuffing, cut stale bread into pieces and set on baking sheet.
- Put up decorations. Try the DIY or vintage sheet backdrop.
1 Day Away
- Spot-clean any areas of the house
- Peel potatoes
- Following our Turkey 101 tutorial? You can prep the bird today!
- Chop chop! Dice, peel, whisk, or toast any dishes that can be prepped a day in advance.
The Big Day
- Rise Early. Need a little help? Don’t hesitate to delegate.
- Hashtag your Emma recipe creations #EmmaMagRecipe to win a Microsoft Surface™.
- Enjoy the day!