Bring the romance to your own kitchen this Valentine’s Day. These easy-to-make, under-five-ingredients banana pancakes work perfectly for a cozy morning in with bae. You can whip up these banana pancake recipe so quickly, which is perfect for Valentine’s Day because you’ll want to spend as much time as possible with your loved ones. Oh, and did we mention these babies are gluten free?
Here are the recipes!
- 3 large, ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- Ricotta cheese
- Raspberry compote
Makes about 6 pancakes.
- 2 cups of fresh raspberries
- A splash of blue agave nectar
- ¼ cup of water
Banana pancakes how-to:
- Peel the bananas and break them into small pieces. Drop them in a mixing bowl.
- With a fork, smash the bananas until there are no large chunks.
- Add the eggs, cinnamon and vanilla extract to the bowl. Mix well.
- Spray the top of a griddle and the inside of the heart-shaped egg mold generously with cooking spray.
- Place the egg mold on the griddle on medium heat and pour pancake mix. Be careful not to over pour.
- Wait for the top of the pancake to bubble. Carefully remove the egg mold. Flip the pancake.
- Respray mold in between pancakes if necessary.
- Top pancakes with a dollop of ricotta. Drizzle warm raspberry compote on top.
Raspberry compote how-to:
- Combine raspberries, blue agave nectar and water into a small saucepan on medium heat.
- Once the mixture begins to boil (takes about five minutes), bring heat down to a simmer. Cook for another five minutes or so and allow for the compote to thicken. Stir frequently. Serve warm.
Pro-tip: Start cooking the compote after the first pancake hits the griddle. That way, everything can be served warm!