Ripe watermelon tossed with crumbled feta cheese and chopped pistachios create a sweet and savory appetizer. So good, you’ll watch them disappear right after their served.
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 4 cups watermelon, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced fine
- 1/4 cup of fresh basil, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 chopped pistachios
- loaf of crusty bread
- Slice Bread into 1/2 inch thick slices. Toast at 400° F until golden, about 5-6 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, carefully mix together, tomatoes, watermelon, garlic, basil, salt, pepper, oil, and vinegar.
- Generously top each toasted bread slice with bruschetta mixture and sprinkle with crumbled feta and pistachios.
Recipe by Brendan McCaskey. Photography by Sara Nevels.